AUSTRALIA TRADE MARK REGISTRATION
Australian Trade Mark Registrar
IP Australia is the Australian Government agency responsible for administering patents, trade marks, designs and Plant Breeder's Rights.
Australia Trademark Pre-filing Search: US$250
(1) Per mark
(2) Covers all Class Codes
(3) Returned back by e-mail within 3 days
Australia Trademark Registration: US$550
(1) Per mark
(2) Cover 1 class code
(3) Prepared and submitted within 1 week
(4) Clerical office actions generally answered for free
(5) Monthly follow ups of your mark through out the entire unopposed registration process (via e-mail)
(6) Cover government charges
Australia Trademark Title Services: US$495
There is an additional fee to complete the registration process once your trademark registration has been approved. Cover fees for obtaining the Certificate of Registration.
Summary of Fees
$495 Certificate of Registration
Required Documents for Registration of trademark in Australia
1. Name and address of the applicant: state of incorporation (where applicable).
2. Six prints of the trademark (not required for word marks).
3. List of goods/services and the class pertaining thereto.
4. Details of the basic application, if priority is claimed.
5. An English translation of any words included in the trademark of a language other than English.
6. A transliteration in Roman letters of any characters included in the trademark constituting of words being characters that are not Roman letters together with a translation into English.
7. A copy of the priority document, if priority is claimed.
Time Needed to Get a Registration
The quickest the process will ever move is 7 months, and this is only if you request special expedited service. There is no additional fee for special expedited service, but you have to submit a letter to the IPA explaining why you need this and why they should bump you up to the head of the line.
Otherwise, it normally takes 12-20 months for a mark to go through the process unopposed.
How Long Is My Registered Trademark Valid ?
[ Return ] [ Top ]