FRANCE TRADEMARK REGISTRATION
French Trademark Registration Body
The registration of trade marks in France is governed by the french 'Code de la propriété intellectuelle'. Both the Madrid Treaty (International Registration of Trade Marks) and the EC Directive 89/104 are implemented in the french code.
French Trademark Pre-filing Search: US$450
(1) Cover all class codes
(2) Search results returned back by e-mail in 7 working days
(3) Covers Direct Hits and Close Matches in English
French Trademark Registration: US$1250
(1) Per class code
(2) Prepared and submitted in 1-2 weeks
(3) Clerical office actions generally answered for free
(4) Quarterly follow ups of your mark through out the entire unopposed registration process (via e-mail)
Collection and Forwarding of Certificate: USD120
Collection and forwarding of Certificate of registration, regardless of number of class code
Government Filing Fees: included in registration fee
(1) First 1-3 class codes
(2) US$300 for 4th and every class code thereafter.
Summary of Fees
USD1,250 Registration & Domestic Rep Fee
USD120 Collection and Forwarding of Certificate of Registration
Required Documents & Services
1. Seven prints of the trademark (not required for word marks).
2. The list of the goods/services and the classes pertaining thereto.
3. The priority document, if priority is claimed.
Currently it is taking approximately 1 year to get a trademark in France.
For 10 years, which is back dated to a successfully registered trademark from the date of submission, not from date of application.
The mark should be renewed 6 months before the end of the 10 year period, or an additional penalty fee will be assessed. 25% if between 6-3 months and 50% if less than 3 months from the end of the 10 year period.
See also: French Trademark Law Information
[ Return ] [ Top ]