TAIWAN TRADEMARK REGISTRATION
(1) Search for availability per class code
(2) Search results returned back by fax in 7-10 working days
(3) Covers Direct Hits and Close Matches in English and Chinese
(1) per class code
(2) Prepared and submitted in 1-2 weeks
(3) Clerical office actions generally answered for free
(4) Monthly follow ups of your mark through out the entire unopposed registration process (via e-mail)
Domestic Representative / Power of Attorney Fees: NIL
Due to the language and time differences, we work with an attorney in Taiwan who assists us in translating and interpreting the correspondence from the MOEAIPO. However, we do not offer any legal advice through out the process.
Government Filing Fees: US$195
(1) per class code, payable to the MOEAIPO (we do so on your behalf).
Title Services: NIL
There is NO extra fee to complete the registration process once your trademark registration has been approved.
Summary of Fees
$ 300 Search
$ 655 Registration
$ 195 Government Filing Fee
Required Documents & Services
1. A simply signed power of attorney indicating the name of the signatory. If the applicant is a Japanese company, the applicants' company seal and representative's seal must be affixed.
2. The list of the goods to be covered by the application.
3. Twenty prints of the trademark, not exceeding 5x5 cm.
4. Evidence of use such as catalogues, brochures, invoices, labels, advertisements, packaging etc. or an intent-to-use declaration.
(1) Applicants originating from the USA, Australia and France may claim priority.
(2) Priorities can also be claimed on the basis CTM application. The applicant's nationality is not confined.
Generally, 6-10 months to get to the first review, then another 6-10 to go through the publication period (the waiting plus the 3 months of the opposition period). Then another 2 months to issue the registration certificate. So a total of 14-22 months.
Period of Protection
For 10 years.
[ Return ] [ Top ]